Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Perfect Conditions

Isn't it wonderful to wake up to the dulcet tones of jackhammers outside your window? Absolutely conducive to concentration and creativity, right?

[headdesk]

Our building has had sewer line problems for years and the Association finally decided to do something about it. Which is all good and fine, but the process sucks. (And I imagine it'll be stinking as well soon enough.) Eight to five for the next two weeks, yay. Or longer if the job runs long. And since it's 12:30 and they're still at it, I'm wondering whether they plan to knock off for lunch. :/

It's been incredibly hot here recently, so much so that for a couple of weeks we had to shut the computers down from mid-afternoon to mid- or even late evening because of the heat. It's just started cooling off a few days ago and I'm trying to catch up on things that have piled up online, plus a few other things (like writing) and now this starts up. You really can't win, you know? It must be something about this time of year.

I hope everyone else is doing well and having a more pleasant day than I am. [wave]

Angie

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

THat's definitely hot when you have to shut down the computers. We've had some very nice weather here. FOr August it has been downright cool.

Angie said...

Charles -- aha! So it's you people who stole our nice weather! ;D

Seriously, though, I'm glad someone was enjoying August. It's not too bad here now -- it's only... wow, it's 79 here in the computer room. This is the first time I've noticed it being under 80 in at least three weeks. But of course, the jackhammer guys are still at it. I didn't think we had that much concrete on the whole property. :P

Angie

laughingwolf said...

rats, that constant noise just sux!

luckily the bitch in the apartment above finally left, and her drunken shit others elsewhere can deal with it...

Angie said...

LW -- yuck. :/ I've had my share of undesirable neighbors, so I know where you're coming from -- people yelling and screaming, threatening their kids, kicking each other out, partying till 3am. In our old apartment, we were like a mile down the road from the university and a lot of the people in our complex were students. Which is fine so far as it goes (I was a student there myself at the time) but the apartment right over our heads was inhabited for a while by several cheerleaders who liked to practice their routines in the livingroom. o_O Yeah. We were just as happy when they left.

Angie

Steve Malley said...

I'm having a fine day, if that's any help. Not getting heaps of writing done, but not too shabby either. :)

Angie said...

Steve -- LOL! Well, I'm glad someone is having a great day and getting some writing done. :D

Angie