Saturday, January 16, 2016

New Release -- Crucible: All-New Tales of Valdemar

Wasn't it November just, like, last week...? I guess not. :P My arthritis spread further into my hands late last year, which massively sucks. Then travel and Christmas and stress. I started a new diet/exercise thing, which I'm not going to ramble about here, but it's sucked up a lot of my energy and attention. Finally I stopped and thought, "Wait, I had a story come out. I blogged about it, right...?" Turns out no, I didn't [hides under keyboard] so here I am. I'll just smile and pretend I shouldn't have announced this a month ago.


I've never written a tie-in story before, but "Ghosts of the Past," published in Crucible: All-New Tales of Valdemar, ed. Mercedes Lackey, was a lot of fun to write. I've been a Valdemar fan for a very long time; I was a regular in the Modems of the Queen board on GEnie, and have always loved the world of Velgarth and its characters and history. Getting to play in Misty's sandbox was a great opportunity; thanks to John Helfers, who edited the book with Misty and who's bought a couple of my stories before, for inviting me to submit for the project.

Four people have vanished into the woods near the village of Rabbit Hole -- gone with no sign, no body, nothing at all left. Herald Arvil heads into the woods to figure out what's happened to them and stop it. He fights through his own fear to get to whatever's been taking people, only to find himself trapped in his own past.

Paperback on Amazon
E-book on Amazon
Paperback on B&N
E-book on B&N
E-book on Kobo
E-book on iTunes

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Trey Cool. I've met Lackey. Seems like a nice person though I didn't really spend much time with her

Angie said...

Charles -- thanks! I met her once too, a few years back, although it was at the dead dog party of a convention and she seemed to be exhausted and seriously out of it, and I doubt very much she remembers me at all, or even registered much about the encounter at the time. [wry smile] I wouldn't have approached her if Larry hadn't urged me to, after I spoke with him. They both left the party shortly after that, and I've always imagined she fell right into bed. At least I hope so!

Angie