Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Gaming the Times List

So, someone tried to game the New York Times Book Review list. What else is new, I know. But the story of how it happened and why, and how it was thwarted, is all in one convenient post on Pajiba.

Thanks to Kris Rusch, who blogged about this, and has some excellent comments and perspective. She talks about how this plot wouldn't have worked anyway, to achieve its apparent goal of getting the book's writer a movie deal. Worth a read for every writer who wants to keep up with how the business works.

Angie

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I'll check it out. I've been hearing about this. Just amazing

Angie said...

Charles -- every time I'm sure we've hit bottom, some new idiot shows up with a pick and shovel. :P

Angie

Suzan Harden said...

*sigh* People who can't let their art stand on its own merits make me sad.

Angie said...

Suzan -- seriously. I mean, if you're not enjoying what you're doing for its own sake, why are you even here? If you're just in it for the money, there are easier ways to get rich than writing fiction. :P

Angie